Welcome to Classwize release 2021-004!
Hi everyone, we’ve got some great improvements for you this week! The big news is that we’ve made it a lot less likely that you’ll see multiple student tiles for the same student while teaching your classes. We’ve also made a few things more streamlined, made more improvements to google syncing, and swatted some bugs while we were at it.
New Features & Improvements
- Think there should only ever be one tile per student in your class? We agree! And we’ve made a bunch of improvements to how Classwize handles things like students going idle or having connection problems that means you’ll see fewer cases of students with multiple tiles.
- When you hit pause on a student’s tile, you won’t need to enter their name in the Pause the Internet screen because it’ll already be there.
- Your login experiences should be quicker and smoother if your school uses Azure directory services.
- Google Sync will now sync students who’ve been invited to your class but haven’t accepted the invitation yet.
- Classes with really, really, really long names will start in a more timely fashion.
- Classwize settings for different Group types (Teachers, Restricted, Exceptions, and Substitute) apply correctly to users in nested google groups.