Monitor Only Mode Classes are a special type of Local classroom that allows you to see student activity without interacting with the class using Class Tools or Rules. Monitoring Only Mode is an optional feature that your school or district can choose to enable for specific teachers, so if you don't see the option, don't worry!
Monitoring Classes differ from other classes in some important ways:
- All Class Tools and Rules are disabled, except Managing Students.
- Monitoring Classes can have a maximum of 50 students.
- Teachers can create as many Monitor-Only classrooms as they can, but we suggest keeping it to a manageable number.
- There is no limit to the number of teachers that can be added to a Monitoring Class, but when too many teachers view a class at the same time it may result in performance degradation.
- A teacher can start only one monitoring class at a time. They will get an alert when they start a new monitoring session while another is active.
Creating a Monitoring Only Classroom
- In Classwize, select Add Class
- Enter a Class a Name
- Toggle the Monitor Only Mode toggle
- Select Save
- Add the students to the class.
Why don't I have the Monitor Only Mode toggle?
Monitoring Only Mode is an optional feature. Your school has to both turn it on and then choose to give you access to it for you to see the toggle and be able to create monitoring-only classes.